Not all sausies are created equal and these ones are truly Super!
Full of NZ grown, fresh ingredients combined here with the delicious richness of miso aubergine, this is truly a feast for the senses. Easy to create, a beauty to behold and packed with natural goodness, it’s the new favourite in our house.
1. Preheat the oven grill to 200ºC
2. Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise. With a sharp knife, score the inside of the aubergines in a diagonal pattern.
3. Heat a pan over high heat, add the oil and place the aubergines cut side down in the pan. Cook until starting to brown. Turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. In the hot pan add the Super Sausies and cook on all sides until caramelised and golden.
5. In a bowl, mix the miso paste, sesame oil, rice vinegar, mirin and sugar/maple syrup until combined.
6. Place your aubergines on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add the kale or substitute for spinach if you prefer
7. Brush the aubergines generously with the miso mixture, and very lightly over the kale and Super Sausies.
8. Grill for 3-4 minutes until bubbling.
9. Remove from the oven and arrange on a platter. Drizzle some extra miso mixture on top, add finely chopped spring onions, sprinkle over sesame seeds and chilli and serve.