A rich ragu and classic cassoulet – what could be better as a winter warmer. It might be a feast with friends or family or just the perfect one dish wonder. Packed with goodness and full of flavour it is perfect for both.
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick deep sauté or frying pan until hot. Add the sausages and fry over a medium heat, until golden. Set aside.
2. Pop the remaining oil in the pan and add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cover with a lid and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, cannellini beans, chopped pepper, tomato paste, bay leaf, red wine vinegar and stock and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Return the sausages to the pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
5. Season to taste.
6. Add all the gremolata ingredients in a small bowl, mix and season to taste. Drizzle on top and serve.